Monday, October 15, 2012

DIY Striped Glitter Sneakers

I know that this has been done several times in blogland, but I haven't done it and I love glitter.  So I decided to start off my DIY Fashion blog with a classic.


What you need:

Shoes
Glitter (2 different colors)
Mod Podge
Paint Brush


Add Mod Podge to the shoe.


Add glitter.



Continue adding like colored stripes with Mod Podge and glitter.


Let dry, then apply another coat of Mod Podge and glitter.  I ended up doing 3 coats.  Do the same with the other color stripes.


That is it.  Drying time was the most time consuming part.



I really like how they turned out.  I am not sure how they will hold up with wear.   I'll keep you posted.


I'm linking up to:



Christy's Cuties



Pincushion Creations


HookingupwithHoH

Current LINKY theme!

13 comments:

  1. these turned out sooo cute! i love the laces with them. thanks so much for linking this up to tip-toe thru tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job Lauren! These are adorable!!!! Thank you for sharing them at Project Queen's Link Party last week. I'll be featuring them tonight at the Highlight Party. Welcome to the blog world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Glitter makes everything awesome! Great way to redo sneakers! I'd love for you to share these cute shoes and any other crafts at my linky party, Submarine Sunday. I hope you'll stop by!

    T'onna
    http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/10/submarine-sunday-3-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! You're a STAR today over at I Gotta Create! I'm doing a spotlight feature on you.

    Thank you for linking up at the Wildly Original party! Come on over and grab your button :) The code is on the sidebar.
    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Appreciate this post. Let me try it out.

    my web-site :: getting pregnant

    ReplyDelete