Tuesday, March 11, 2014

DIY Safety Pin Sweatshirt







::Outfit Details::

White Safety Pin Heart Sweatshirt ~ DIY (Walmart)

Cobalt Blue Skater Skirt ~ Forever 21

Black Over the Knee Boots ~ Forever 21

Short Black Bob Wig ~ eBay

Lipstick ~ Cover Girl Outlast Lipcolor in Burgandy

This sweatshirt was really easy to make and I didn't think doing a tutorial was necessary.  I decided to spray paint the safety pins blue first because I wanted a pop of color.  When they were dry, I laid them out in the shape of a heart.  Then, when I was satisfied with the shape, I pinned them onto the sweatshirt.  After the outline, I put safety pins randomly inside to fill the heart.  Can't get easier than that.  

I like an easy DIY project.  If it is too complicated, I get frustrated and give up.  I am happy with how the sweatshirt turned out and I look forward to wearing it in many different ways. 

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

I'm linking up to: Color Blind, Life of Meg

2 comments:

  1. What a great DIY project! Spray painting it blue is the best idea because the color does really pop out. Hopping over from Thrifter's Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete