Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Stripes, Spikes and Green Hair







::Outfit Details::

Black Spike Moto Jacket~ Forever 21

Black and White Stripe Tube Dress ~ Express

Black Floppy Hat  ~ H&M

Black Patent Combat Boots ~ Charlotte Russe

Green Curly Wig ~ Gifted (from eBay)

Lipstick ~ Lime Crime Countessa Fluorescent

I have been dying to wear this new hair.  I got it for Christmas from my mom (I told her wear to buy it, of course).  It is my very first lace front wig.  I was a little leery of lace front wigs.  To wear it the right way, it needs to be either taped or glued down in the front to get the look of the hair growing out of your scalp.  It seemed like a lot of work.  The wigs I wear are easy to put on and don't take more than a minute to put on.  Also, the price was way more than what I am use to paying.  Nevertheless, I asked for this particular wig for Christmas.  I didn't have any super curly wigs and didn't have any green wigs.  So I thought why not this one.

After purchasing wig tape, I was ready to try out my new lace front wig.  The wig tape was a big fail.  The tape wouldn't stick to the lace on the wig.  I have no idea why.  I read a bunch of reviews on the tape that I purchased.  Everyone said it worked just fine.  So who knows.  It was a very frustrating experience.  After that, I got online and did some research and found that a lot of people don't even use tape or glue to attach the lace front.  I decided to try that and wore it out shopping without tape or glue and it seemed fine.  Ultimately, I want to try spirit gum to attach the wig.  But for now, I wore the wig without either.

I will do a full review on this wig at some point.  So if you interested to know more about this wig, other than my experience with lace fronts, stay tuned.     

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment